Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr., popularly known as Lil Wayne, has been rushed to the hospital who suffers seizures. And his concert in Las Vegas isn’t looking good.
American hip hop recording artist Lil Wayne was rushed to he Northwestern Memorial hospital in Chicago early on Monday, September 3, due to seizures. Wayne was found unconscious in his hotel room at the Westin in Michigan Avenue.
Multiple sources claims that the New Orleans banging rapper had at least one seizure at the Westin hotel and a second once occur when he in arrived in the hospital. By late afternoon, the American rapper’s camp attempted to have him discharged but his physician’s advised against it.
So why the urgency to get Wayne discharge from the hospital? The Grammy Award winner has a one-night only show scheduled at Drais Beachclub in Las Vegas, Nevada by midnight. Lil Wayne, 34, was slated to perform alongside Rae Sremmurd. So, it’s likely that Wayne is still be in medical center as of writing and this would basically compromise the show. Additionally, Wayne has suffered seizures due to frequent flying in the past and the medical practitioner did not want to take the risk in order to get him to his Sin City live performance.
Due to unforeseen circumstances Lil Wayne will be canceling his previously scheduled performance tonight at Drai’s Nightclub located at the Cromwell Hotel. In lieu of his absence T.I. will be performing in his place alongside DJ Franzen for another installment of Sundrais. Lil Wayne and the entire Young Money / Maverick team are valued partners and members of the Drai’s LIVE family. Our priority is the health and well-being of our artists. Everyone at Drai’s wishes Lil Wayne a speedy recovery during this time. Doors for TIP tonight will open at 10:30 PM. #SunDRAIS #PoweredByMonster
As many know, Lil Wayne is battling with epilepsy and this medical condition has been a lifelong struggle for the rapper. In June last year, Wayne experience a seizure during a flight and refused for an immediate treatment. Then, just a month later after the June seizure episode occur, he experience another one just minutes before he was scheduled to go on the center stage. But the most frightening seizure happened way back in 2013 when he was admitted ICU (intensive care unit) following a multiple seizures. At the time, sources close to the rapper said that Wayne consumed a large amount “Sizzurp,” a codeine and cough syrup-based drink, prior to the incident. Later on, Wayne revealed that the seizures scared him enough to make some massive changes in his lifestyle and others in order to stay safe going forward.
Wayne’s representative says that the international artist is currently resting.