Connect with us

Health

Senator Dean Heller failed to please the citizens of Nevada

Ofelia Adamson

Published

on

Senator Dean Heller failed to please the citizens of Nevada
Advertisement


The people of Nevada knows that Senator Dean Heller have voted to abolish Obamacare once cuts to Medicaid came off the table.

Nevada Republican Senator Heller should have realize that Medicaid (a social health care program for families and individuals with limited resources) is a functionally poor program; just one of the many financially ill-fated privileges that our the United States federal government is failing to address.

But Senator Heller is now free to claim to be a “good person” who is looking out for Nevada’s most susceptible while also protecting the citizens from the financial madness of Obamacare.

The mere fact that our grandchildren will be left to pick up the pieces of a financially failed Medicaid of the U.S. government and other bankrupt federal entitlements, and the equally flat broke gold-plated public employee retirement plans, is seemingly a no concern to Senator Heller and his colleagues. They preside for the moment, passing out money they do not have.

And about these most vulnerable citizens of Nevada. Did they take advantage of a free public education? Did they fulfill their personal, moral responsibility to do everything possible to care for themselves? Did they hunt for employment where they would be covered by a private medical insurance? Were the Nevadans motivated to do nothing because of the ruling class informing them that their failure to succeed was someone else fault?

We need a feasible, appropriately prioritized safety net for the citizens who cannot even care for themselves. But these programs must be secure. With that being said, these programs should have to be paid for as costs are liable rather than funded by debts and Ponzi systems.

Entertainment

Lil Wayne Cancels Las Vegas Gig After Suffering Multiple Seizures

Lil Wayne has been rushed to the hospital who suffers seizures and his show in Las Vegas has been canceled.

Ofelia Adamson

Published

on

Lil Wayne Seizure 2017

Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr., popularly known as Lil Wayne, has been rushed to the hospital who suffers seizures. And his concert in Las Vegas isn’t looking good.

American hip hop recording artist Lil Wayne was rushed to he Northwestern Memorial hospital in Chicago early on Monday, September 3, due to seizures. Wayne was found unconscious in his hotel room at the Westin in Michigan Avenue.

Multiple sources claims that the New Orleans banging rapper had at least one seizure at the Westin hotel and a second once occur when he in arrived in the hospital. By late afternoon, the American rapper’s camp attempted to have him discharged but his physician’s advised against it.

So why the urgency to get Wayne discharge from the hospital? The Grammy Award winner has a one-night only show scheduled at Drais Beachclub in Las Vegas, Nevada by midnight. Lil Wayne, 34, was slated to perform alongside Rae Sremmurd. So, it’s likely that Wayne is still be in medical center as of writing and this would basically compromise the show. Additionally, Wayne has suffered seizures due to frequent flying in the past and the medical practitioner did not want to take the risk in order to get him to his Sin City live performance.

As many know, Lil Wayne is battling with epilepsy and this medical condition has been a lifelong struggle for the rapper. In June last year, Wayne experience a seizure during a flight and refused for an immediate treatment. Then, just a month later after the June seizure episode occur, he experience another one just minutes before he was scheduled to go on the center stage. But the most frightening seizure happened way back in 2013 when he was admitted ICU (intensive care unit) following a multiple seizures. At the time, sources close to the rapper said that Wayne consumed a large amount “Sizzurp,” a codeine and cough syrup-based drink, prior to the incident. Later on, Wayne revealed that the seizures scared him enough to make some massive changes in his lifestyle and others in order to stay safe going forward.

Wayne’s representative says that the international artist is currently resting.

Continue Reading

Health

Losing bidder filed injunction before the district court on Nevada Medicaid dental contract

Ofelia Adamson

Published

on

Over the objections of the losing bidder, the state Board of Examiners on Tuesday, August 8, approved the $404.5 million contract to provide Medicaid dental services in the state of Nevada.

Medicaid administrator Marta Jensen told the Board of Examiners that the new contract takes dental services under Medicaid in a new management, focusing much more completely on preventive care instead of cure or reactive care to dental dilemmas. Jensen said that the contract with Liberty Dental focuses on preventive care and management of care for the dental patients in Nevada.

Paul Georgeson of McDonald Carano, representing the Delta Dental, urged the Board of Examiners to hold off the approval of the winning bidder’s contract, pointing out that they will be filing a lawsuit in district court to block the contract and will be seeking an injunction.

Georgeson said that his client Delta Dental wasn’t treated justly and fairly during the application and review process of the contract bid; that the original request for proposal was tugged back after Delta Dental was awarded the contract back in January 2017.

The reasons given were that key components changes needed to be made to the proposed contract but Georgeson of Delta told the Board of Examiner that the actual alterations were nominal.

Governor Brian Sandoval, on the other hand, said that he was concerned about the delay that would be caused by waiting until the court battle was resolved. Gov. Sandoval added that it could take two years or more for the legal process to conclude. Sandoval was joined by board member Secretary of State Barbara Cegavske who said she too was worried about the length of time that it would take to resolve the legal battle.

Liberty Dental’s legal representative Matthew Dushoff advised approval for the same reason saying “judicial review will take, conservatively, over two years and this contract is only for two years.”

Medicaid administrator Jensen urged the board of Examiner not to delay approval of the contract.

“The benefit of this program is they manage the care,” Jensen said.

Jensen noted extending the existing contract, “I don’t think is in the best interests of our members.” She said that’s especially true for the nearly 100,000 children covered by Medicaid for whom she said preventive care is critical.

Continue Reading

Trending